He won’t stop stemming on the word “Sit” and he keeps pointing to the play room. It’s driving me insane. Taking care of an autistic boy is really difficult sometimes.
Have you considered, you know, sitting in the playroom?
And the word is “stimming” (so many neurotypical people tend to put an “e” in it and I don’t know why — it comes from the word “stimulation”).
If you think it’s difficult for you, imagine how he feels — frustrated, I bet, from not being able to get you to understand what he wants.
1. After I posted it, I remembered that stimming would likely be spelled with an “i” but I didn’t change it. Didn’t think it would matter to change it since it was just kind of a personal rant. Typos happen, my bad.
2. We had to get out of the play room because the cleaning lady is here today and she was cleaning the rooms on that side of the house. I understand what he wanted (obviously) and that he was frustrated and I feel bad about it but in that situation, nothing could really be done.
3. I’d explained to him several times that we couldn’t go back in the room until she left and he continued to say “sit” and point for about an hour until we ate lunch and he forgot about it. I’m not mad at him, I am mad at the that we weren’t able to be on the same page. It was giving me a massive headache so I complained on tumblr about it because I had nobody else to talk to. I’ve worked with him for 3 years and he does relatively well with plans changing and transitioning from one activity to another but sometimes he has these extreme stimming sessions and it’s tough to listen to for hours on end.
That’s all. I don’t mean to sound overly defensive but I felt like you were assuming that I don’t know or think about how frustrating it is for him. I love Chris like he’s my brother but that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to vent about him giving me a headache from time to time.
- chubbyslenderloris reblogged this from goldenheartedrose and added:
- victoriautmors likes this
- goldenheartedrose reblogged this from chubbyslenderloris and added:
- toocooltobehipster likes this
- chubbyslenderloris posted this